Code of Conduct
The code of conduct calls out the immediate rules of engagement, and general operation expectations while contributing to the project.
"Don't be a Dick" Policy
The Aurae project and its surrounding community have found safety and value in a primary guiding principle, that is often hard to interpret.
- Don't be a dick.
This is a guiding principal for the project. We expect everyone to be treated with dignity and respect.
We believe that everyone knows when they are "being a dick", and we do not tolerate this level of aggression towards our community. In short we believe that you know if you are being a dick, and therefore you should be able to stop. If you do not stop, you will no longer be welcome in the project spaces.
Don't be a dick. You know if you are.
Rules are interpreted by project maintainers, owners, and the authors. Violation of a rule is subject to removal of the project. All contributions to the project will be retained by the project in the event of a removal by a code of conduct violation.
- No violence, or suggestions of violence.
- No fascism. No open support of authoritative or totalitarian government.
- No colonialism. No open support or discussion of extortion of land or peoples based on race or other factors.
- No white supremacy.
- No religious extremism. Keep religious beliefs out of the project.
- No nationalism. Keep political and nation state ideology out of the project.
- No racism.
- No homophobia.
- No transphobia.
- Safe Space: LGTBQIA+
- Safe Space: neurodivergent (ADHD, Aspie, Autism, etc.).
- No illegal hacking or committing crimes. No discussion of illegal activity in any country or nation state.
If at any point the project maintainers, owners, or authors determine that external behavior has conflicted with out rules we reserve the right to first warn and later remove a perceived bad actor from the community.
We believe that adhering to our rules is important for the project. Interpretation of outside rule violations include but are not limited to Twitter, Discord, IRC, online chat, Reddit, social media sites such as Facebook, or Instagram, Matrix, personal blogs, religious organizations, or other online forms, websites, or communities.